Written by Mitchell Aaron Gross
Bring your coolers, campfires, and lots of sunblock because these are a handful of camping festivals we’re excited for this summer.
- Northern Nights: Nestled in Cook County Campground, Northern Nights has all the ingredients necessary for a refreshing and fun experience. The Eel River is juxtaposed to the stages with campgrounds poking out among Redwood Trees.
- Lucidity Festival: Right outside of Santa Barbara and a short drive from Los Angeles Lucidity Festival offers a unique experience unlike any other. Healing, meditation, and ecological awareness are key components surround this festival and goers can experience an immense variety of experiences at this. Goers of previous years have described this as more of a refreshing retreat for the mind and soul.
- Desert Canvas – Munduzer: Complete with yoga, speakers, fire dancers, and art, this inaugural Arizona festival is an extension of the Desert Canvas movement in Phoenix. Hosting its first ever camping festival, Munduzer is to take place in Estrella Regional Park, promising beautiful backdrops to a good time.
- High Sierra Music Festival: Out of all the festivals listed this might be one of the events we are most excited for. Every year the town of Qunicy California exponentially grows for the weekend. This festivals is extremely open and friendly to families and little kids run wild. For adults the festival offers intimate and exclusive performances with everyone who is playing a normal set. These late night performances are a great way to catch an artist you might have missed during their normal set.
- Woogie Weekend: Put on by the same people that bring you Lightning In A Bottle (The Do Lab) Woogie weekend offers some of the biggest names in house in a smaller and less mainstream event. The Do Lab does a great job and including lots of live painting and live art. You can also count on extremely high production value as you would from any Do Lab event including elaborate stages and fantastic visual effects.
If you need help preparing the essentials for any of these events refer back to our previous article that covers some of the basic necessities you should have for any overnight festival. Follow us for updates and more comprehensive articles regarding what we’re bringing to enjoy these events in comfort!