Do you have what it takes to be a TechTrender?
FestForums is a conference that brings together the top festival industry leaders to discuss a variety of important and trending topics affecting the business. The event unites those in technology, ticketing, merchandising, innovation, safety, charitable work, operations, scheduling, sponsorship, talent, scheduling, and sustainability. Their next event is taking place in Santa Barbara from November 14th – 16th, 2018. The conference invites festivals and events of all sizes to participate and network.
This year FestForums is rolling out a brand new program that will highlight women in the music festival industry creating noteworthy advances in technology. The program is presented in partnership with Armored Things, who has been a leader in keeping large venues safe for years. The company automates incident response by engaging devices that are already live in many venues, such as lights, cameras, locks, and sensors. They are opening applications for female innovators to apply to be recognized as a TechTrender.
TechTrenders: The Future Is Female
Launching in July of 2018, this program targets women under the age of 35 with a passion for festivals and are involved in the technology space. Women who have created a mobile application, AR/VR, website, or other technological innovation that will help the festival community, either fans or organizers, are invited to apply to be receive the honor of being a TechTrender 2018.
HOW TO APPLY
Those interested can go here to complete the application.
- Must identify as a female
- Must be at or under the age of 35
- Must have the majority or part ownership of tech company or must be an innovator at the current company
Examples: App developers, web publishers and developers, ticketing programs and services, interactive art, AR/VR, etc.
- Up to five (5) will be selected
- An honor of being a TechTrender in 2018
- Complimentary access to FestForums conference with a +1
- Delta Air Certificate to Attend Fest Forums 2018
- Physical Award presented at FestForums
- A description of themselves and their innovative technology featured on the FestForums website
- Press coverage via FestivalSquad.com (1 article per awardee)
Those who are interested and meet the requirements can apply here.