Written by Stephanie Rosa
Festival season is officially upon us and lineups are being shared via social media outlets everyone. Tickets are being snagged up quickly and squads are being formed. Now comes the pressing question. WHERE TO STAY? Festival Squad’s answer? SHIFTPODS.
This weekend, I am Coachella bound and I have been given the awesome opportunity to stay in this one-of-a-kind structure. I am planning to sleep well at night on an air mattress, and I plan to bring a few chairs so we can sit inside for shade during the day.
So… what in the hell are SHIFTPODS?
SHIFTPODS are essentially a super awesome and futuristic reflective yurt that can be easily packed up and transported to any festival (or beach, or mountainside for that matter). They are a shelter system that can easily fight against whatever crazy weather you might encounter. So what makes them a lightyear apart from a tent?
- You can set it up in under 2 minutes (yes, seriously)
- They easily fit 5-7 people comfortably, or you can blow up your extra comfy air mattress and take up all the space yourself if you’re looking to go “glamping” (like me this year!)
- It repels water, provides great ventilation with 6 windows, and will survive storms
- It has nanotech coating that kills germs on the inside of it
- It has a lifespan of 5+ years
Okay. So they’re freaking awesome. What is the cost?
So I’m not going to lie to you and tell you that SHIFTPODS are cheap. They’re not because the material and the design are not cheap. This inventive dwelling space is meant to last longer than your typical $100 tent that you throw out after every festival. Its designed to last, provide air, space and maximize comfort wherever you go. If you’re heading to more than one festival this season, it totally makes sense. Its a great way to save money on hotels or cheap flimsy tents that take you 20 minutes to set up. Want to know the exact price? Click here to head to the site.
How do I pay for this?
- Splitting the SHIFTPOD with your festival squad is a great way to pay for this. Because it already comes with a carrying case, you won’t need to worry about where to pack it and how to transfer it. So if you’re going to Electric Forest and your friends are hitting Bonnaroo, splitting this makes it super affordable for any festival goer.
- Choose camping instead of hotels. Hotels can run your bill up really high around festival season. Especially when you consider uber/parking/shuttles etc. to get to/from the festival. Camping on the grounds is a fun experience and at the end of the weekend instead of returning your old hotel room key, you get to go home with your badass SHIFTPOD.
- Chip at the price by using the SHIFTPOD layaway service.
- Have a large group? You can rent these bad boys. Thats right. Do you have a camp for Burning Man, and you need to figure out where to sleep? If you don’t want to buy a SHIFTPOD, you can definitely rent them. Just use head to the website and contact the company.
I think that about sums it up. I can’t wait to get my hands on this thing and pop it up in the Coachella camp site. Will you be there? Interested in getting a tour, asking questions or learning more? I’ll be onsite giving tours with this baby:
- Friday, April 22 @ 3:45pm & 7pm
- Saturday, April 23 @ 1:30pm & 4:30pm
- Sunday, April 24 @ 12:00pm & 2:00pm
If you want to take the one I have after seeing it, you can do that too. I’ll be able to swipe a card and give it to you first thing Monday morning. Just be sure to look for my silver spaceship-like SHIFTPOD amongst the sea of regular tents. And stay tuned for my detailed review! EDIT: Detailed review can be found HERE.
HOW CAN I RENT 1
Hi ILIL! Unfortunately, we do only large rentals (10 pods or more). Are you looking for a group or individual?
How much for renting 10-15?