Photo credit: Bassnectar’s Facebook page
Calling all bassheads!! Bassnectar has outdone himself again, and this time it involves three epic days of music at an all-inclusive resort on the pristine, white sand beaches of Mexico! Deja Voom will be an out of this world experience, and a very different move on Bassnectar’s part. Other artists like STS9 and Dave Matthews Band have all-inclusive events like Dominican Holidaze but never before has an EDM artist done something quite like this. Check out the full Deja Voom experience, activities offered, and the initial lineup below. Bada bing bada boom!
The initial lineup for Deja Voom was released at the same time as the festival announcement and includes artists like REZZ, The Glitch Mob, Ott., 12th Planet, Beats Antique, a house stage with Claude
Other smaller artists include Shlump, Conrank, Kursa, Seppa, Jantsen, LUZCID, Digital Ethos, and many others. This lineup is STACKED with amazing slow n’ low bass artists, as well as a handful of ambient and house artists. Each day features pool parties hosted by Dirtybird, chill out ambient areas, the main beach stage, and late night after-hour parties hosted by Slug Wife. Each day the beach stage will finish out with a Bassnectar set but music will continue on in special Deja Voom “clubs” after-hours.
Additional adventures have been curated specifically by Bassnectar himself, and are available for guests during days without music. All extra adventures are not included in the cost of your Deja Voom ticket and must be registered in advance – spots will fill up quickly! Check out the eight different adventure experiences below.
- ATV Riding and Ziplining- Take an ATV tour through Mexico’s backcountry and through the jungle. Includes breaks for zip lining and swimming in freshwater sinkholes. Includes a buffet style all-you-can-eat lunch. Tour lasts from 11 AM to 5 PM and is rated 4 out of 5 in difficulty (moderate hiking and swimming).
- Catamaran Catamaya– Sail on a 65 ft catamaran to the world’s second largest coral reef system for a day of snorkeling and sunshine. Includes a meal of either lobster or steak, an open bar, a full day out at sea, and a stop for snorkeling. Tour lasts from 9 AM to 3 PM and is rated 1 out of 5 in difficulty (must be able to do light swimming for the snorkeling portion).
- Chichen Itza- Take a tour of the one of the 7 wonders of the world! Chichen Itza was the capital of the Mayan empire and is located in the heart of the Yucatan Peninsula. Explore the famous Kukulkan Pyramid and the surrounding ruins. Tour lasts from 8 AM to 5 PM and is rated 1 out of 5 in difficulty (moderate walking around the site).
- Jungle Maya- This tour is a sampling of all the experiences you can have in the jungle of the Riviera Maya. These activities include snorkeling in the Nohoch Nah Chich underground cavern, visiting Sistema Sac-Actun, the world’s longest underground river, zip lining, and exploring the jungle on an all-terrain Unimog. Tour lasts from 7:30 AM to 2:30 PM and is rated 4 out of 5 in difficulty.
- Rio Secreto- Explore the underground cave and river of Rio Secreto. Spend a full day swimming, walking, and spelunking through the cave and enjoying the stalagmites and stalactites of this unique cave. Tour lasts from 10 AM to 2:30 PM and is rated 4 out of 5 in difficulty (requires hours of swimming). Not recommended for people with claustrophobia.
- Xel Ha- Visit the world’s largest natural aquarium park! This ticket gives you full day access to Xel Ha. Spend the day as you please either snorkeling, cliff diving, zip lining, or just enjoying a drink. Xel Ha offers over 20 different marine activities. Tour lasts from 9 AM to 4:30 PM and is rated 2 out of 5 in difficulty.
- Tulum Day Trip- Take a tour of the famous town of Tulum. The tour starts with exploring Mayan temples – one of the last cities built by the Mayans. After exploring the ruins, relax on a special Deja Voom beach in Tulum. Tour lasts from 10:30 AM to 4:30 PM and is rated 2 out of 5 in difficulty.
- Paradise Lagoon- Start by swimming and relaxing in two different cenotes – or sinkhole pools. From there, head to a lagoon where the fresh, river water mixes with the warm, tropical ocean water to create a one of a kind snorkeling experience. Tour lasts from 8:30 AM – 2:30 PM and is rated 2 out of 5 in difficulty.
Deja Voom is an all-inclusive event taking place at a beautiful resort in the Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico. The event will feature three nights of music, as well as pool parties during the day, after-hour clubs at night, and tons of opportunities for adventures around the area or just laying on the beach. The Beach Stage is the main stage and will take place along a mile long stretch of white beach. This is where most of the sets will be and where Bassnectar will finish out his sets all three nights. The Haven Stage will be a workshop area during the day and an ambient low-tempo stage during the night. After music ends on the Beach Stage and Haven Stage, music will continue on in the two Deja Voom after-hours clubs – the Deja Room and the Voom Room. During the day, enjoy pool parties, laying on the beach, yoga sessions, snorkeling, surf contests, tennis, mini-golf, tequila tasting, and other types of all-inclusive resort activities. If you want to explore more, take a trip on one of the excursions for a day trip around the Riviera Maya.
Since Deja Voom is an all-inclusive resort festival, it is obviously not your typical festival experience and therefore tickets can only be bought in packages. No separate tickets just for music are being sold. Packages include either three, four, or five nights at the hotel of your choice, entrance to the three days of the festival (Thursday, Friday and Saturday), shuttles to and from the airport to your hotel, and merchandise gifts. You can choose how many nights you would like to stay depending if you want to spend more time exploring Mexico either before or after the show, and then purchase the correct package accordingly. Three different hotel options are being offered with prices ranging from $1,339 to $3,909 per person. All shuttles pick up from the Cancun International Airport, so make sure to arrange your flights to end in Cancun. You can either book directly to Cancun or check round trip flights to Mexico City from your location and then separate round trip flights from Mexico City to Cancun. Also, considering getting travelers insurance while in Mexico. Learn more about recommended travel insurance here.
It’s time to blast off into another dimension with this epicly curated event from Bassnectar. See you all in Paradise! 🙂
Learn more info about the event on the official website here.