Photos by Logan West for Festmate
Every year I make the same New Year’s resolutions. They are usually to see at least one new country in the year, to work out more and to drink more water. I typically hit two out of the three. This year, I told myself that I wanted to experience a new festival and New Year’s in a new country. If you’re thinking the same thing (and looking to beat the cold), then join me for the 2018 installment of Rhythm and Vines in Gisborne, New Zealand. The festival is held during New Zealand’s summertime (yes, you read that right!) at Waiohika Estate, a stunning vineyard on the North Island (thus the name of the festival, Rhythm and Vines).
Explore New Zealand, Then Party There
We have teamed up with New Zealand based festival travel company Festmate to make the most of our time across the world. Festmate has designed an 8-day tour for those hoping to see all the best sights of the North Island.
The package includes:
- A visit Rotorua with a stop to see The Hobbit movie location
- A Mitai cultural village experience
- Rotorua – Gisborne (optional white water rafting, a skyline gondola, and more)
- Glamping ALL WEEKEND at Rhythm and Vines
- Tour of Gisborne (beach town)
- Tour of Lake Taupo
- Waitomo Caves + Glow Worm Caves
- Optional additional excursions such as skydiving, boat cruises, etc. for minimal additonal costs
Don’t Worry About a THING, Festmate Coordinates:
- Your local, professional and knowledgeable tour guide
- All transfers including travelling around the North Island and transport to and from R&V
- Clean and comfortable accommodation at hostel level while touring around the North Island
- Breakfast box each morning other than day one & time at Rhythm & Vines. This breakfast box includes your favourite cereals, toasts, spreads, juice, tea, coffee etc.
- Rhythm & Vines Glamping package. All tickets included. Includes 3 Day VIP Vintage Club Pass for the ultimate Rhythm & Vines Experience.
You just need your flight, some spending money, and you’re set!
Rhythm & Vines 2018
With names like Vince Staples, Tchami, MALAA, Whethan, and Mija, this festival will surely not disappoint. Take the trip of a lifetime and celebrate the New Year in the country that will see the very first sunrise of 2019.
Thinking of Coming Solo? YOLO.
The best part about booking a travel package like this is that you can go alone and feel good about it because others are doing the exact same. There will likely be others in the group traveling solo, and that means instant friends. But those who have traveled a lot know that as little as one day with new travel buddies equate to about 3 years in friendship time. Spending day and night on fun adventures with a new Squad will feel like those good ol’ days at summer camp. Just a bit more boujee.
Convinced? Heres How To Book!
- Snag your roundtrip ticket to Auckland, New Zealand. PRO TIP: Book a one way into Auckland and a separate one way out of Auckland, booking this way usually saves you some money and allows you to personalize your flight times better than what is offered via roundtrip flights. PRO TIP #2: Open up a travel card and fly free (for example, United’s Mileage Plus Card will give you enough points to cover one way for free to New Zealand. And if you use Skyscanner.com to search for the flight home, we’ve seen one way tickets back to the states for about $500).
- Book the tour HERE. Click on “NZ Tour 2018”. The price is $1740 for this “mostly included” trip!
- Get your passport ready!
- Pack those bags, plan those outfits and get ready for a NYE adventure of a lifetime! You deserve it.
We can’t wait to hit New Zealand with our friends at Festmate and party at Rhythm and Vines 2018. See you there!